Transferring your contacts to your new phone is fast, simple and wireless!
To download My Contacts Backup to your phone, follow the steps below.
Step 1. Download My Contacts Backup to your supported replacement phone following the steps below:
- Go to the easyedgeSM Shop
- Choose “FREE Stuff”
- Choose “Free Download - My Contacts Backup”
- Follow the My Contacts Backup registration
Step 2. Login with your mobile phone number and PIN. If you are unable to remember your PIN, click here to have it sent to your phone via a text message.
Step 3. The last step of the setup process will prompt you to restore their contacts and you should respond by selecting “Yes”. If you want to restore contacts from the Web, you can click the “Update Now” button or select the “Backup” option on their phone which will backup all of the contacts on their phone and also pull down any changes from the Web site.
Note: If you change phone numbers, call 1-888-944-9400 for assistance transferring your contacts.
Lost your phone?
My Contacts Backup has a lost phone feature that allows you to remotely erase the contacts on your phone if it is lost or stolen. Your complete contact list will remain saved on the My Contacts Backup Web site so you can restore your contacts at a later time.
To erase the contacts from your phone, login to your My Contacts Backup account, click the "Lost Phone" link at the top of the page and follow the instructions provided. If your service is active and your phone is powered on, within a good coverage area and the erase function isn’t manually interrupted, this will remove your contacts from your phone.
None of my contacts were restored.
- Check the Web site to see that all contacts are set to synchronize with phone state (noted by blue phone icon preceding the contact name). If not, select the contacts name and press “Add To Phone” button and retry the restore.
- If you changed your phone number, you will need to contact 1-888-944-9400 for assistance transferring your contacts to your new phone.
Not all of my contacts were transferred.
- Check that all of your contacts have a name and one of the following numbers work, home, or mobile phone. Often a phone will not allow a contact to be entered if it does not have a name and one of those common phone number fields. You can view your contacts by logging in to My Contacts Backup Web site.